North Surrey FASTPITCH 604-584-7761 or email email@example.com
2016 VOLUNTEER HOURS FAQ
- HOW MUCH TIME MUST I VOLUNTEER? SIX (6) HOURS. All parents are required to volunteer six (6) hours per child during the softball season. This is two (2) nights in the concession OR six (6) hours at a tournament other than your child’s tournament OR field work (lining the field) for your child’s team for all regular season home games (only one position per team available for field work). Scorekeeping at your child’s game is not considered part of your volunteer time.
- WHAT DO THE CONCESSION DUTIES CONSIST OF? Concession volunteers will be directed by the concession operators. It includes clean-up of the concession and washrooms. On game nights, arrive at the concession by 6:00 p.m. Be prepared to stay until the manager says you can go – usually by 8:45 p.m. For parents with children in the younger divisions, it may be easier for you to volunteer on a night your child is not at the park or during a tournament. Tournament times and dates will be posted as schedules are known.
- WHAT DO FIELD DUTIES CONSIST OF? Field duties consists of lining the field before your child’s home games during the regular season (and putting the bases away at the end of the game). There is only one field person position available per team. You are still required to volunteer during your child’s tournament (this can also be field work). How familiar you are with lining fields will determine how long it will take you (there will be training available before the season begins). Fields MUST be prepared BEFORE the game start at 6:30p.m.
- WHO IS EXEMPT FROM REGULAR SEASON CONCESSION DUTY? The coach, assistant coach, team manager and field person from each team except Learn to Play are exempt from the 6-hour concession commitment. The Learn to Play coach and assistant coach are exempt.
- CAN I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE VOLUNTEER FOR ME? Absolutely! Anyone who is 16 years of age or older can work in the concession for you. Please make note of the date and time you are scheduled to work in the concession. If something comes up on your scheduled time, it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
- WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEER TIME? The association hosts tournaments for divisions Mini Mite to Midget. Parents are required to volunteer during your child’s tournaments (approx. 3 hours per child). This can include field duty, concession duty and selling 50/50 tickets and IS NOT included as part of your six (6) hours regular volunteer commitment.
- HOW DO I SIGN UP? The sign-up calendar is located at the concession stand once season starts. Simply mark down your name and phone number on the sheet under the date you would like to volunteer. You can also call 604-584-7761 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO OR CAN’T FULFILL MY VOLUNTEER HOURS? No problem. Just let us know as soon as possible so we can cash your cheque and hire someone to fill in for you. It’s important to remember that we really want your time, not your money, as it’s the volunteers that make it possible for your child to play softball.
This is a non-profit organization, so please keep in mind that none of us are getting paid – we’re all volunteering to keep this sport going for our children.
Volunteer hours are what makes us a success!
If you would like to donate you can use this button and donate any amount you desire.